Friday, February 3, 2012

house tour part 1: the babies' room

Hey y'all! I am so excited to share our "new" home with you, room by room!

Soooo... we moved in December. December 21st - to be exact - was our first night in the townhouse. New readers might want to look back on some posts under the "transitioning" tag to learn more about the WHY of our move...

And since we're on that topic of the house, I am so thrilled to report that of the two offers we got on the house within two weeks of changing our Realtor, the second one seems to be a go and we have a closing date scheduled for March 3rd! Add to that great news that we will benefit from relocation assistance funds which will buy us time as Jason prepares to enter a little bit of a different field in the insurance world. He should be able to start training in March and the money we get will hold us over until he starts making money from that. *fingers crossed and praying*

Also, God has provided carpentry work for Jason to do in the meantime via his BFF Sam, and we are so thankful. It's sporadic but provides and it's better than the alternative, by far!!

Anyways, here are some photographs of Shiloh and Noah Bear's room :). Room sharing is going fine... had a few rocky starts but we are in a groove with naps and bedtime now and all is well.

I plan to share a tutorial on how I made the pennant banners... I made these originally for Noah's first birthday party. Super easy and inexpensive to make!

I couldn't afford curtains, so I just reused these pennant banners from Noah's birthday party.


This Noah's Ark was built by my Granddaddy for my aunts in the 70s. My Grandmama sewed and stuffed the animals. This is a true treasure to me! When we had Noah, my aunt and Grandmama gave it to us. 

Shiloh's quilt is a vintage find from Keepsake Designs . The down quilt on the end of her bed is a vintage family quilt that we brought back from Chicago this past June. Until then it had been stored under the eaves of the family home for years and years.

Noah's toy "center". The collage on the wall is something I made originally for Shiloh's room, and the rocking chair Shiloh is sitting in is vintage from the 1950s and was originally my mother in laws, also brought back from Chicago.

and this is funny... just thought I'd share... 

This is Shiloh's toy "center". Pendant lamp is vintage from the 70s. The bride porcelain doll and lamb were both mine as a child. :o)

Many treasures in this photo. To name a few - upper shelf, sock doll is from Chickabidee baby - you can find them on Etsy here. The mouse is my "miskit" (my way of saying "music") mouse from when I was a baby. On lower shelf, books were all my sisters when she was a kid passed down to me, the multi-colored toy was Jason's baby toy, the car was Dakota's Pinewood Derby car and the little teenie doll sitting with Raggedy Andy was on Jason's mobile as a baby.

These are "Octopuss" dolls custom made by my friend Jen Jarrell for Noah and Shiloh. Dakota has one too. I don't know if she is still making them but you can visit her website here.

We hung these from the ceiling above the kids' beds. I made these for Jason the first birthday (of his) that we were together. I snuck into his bedroom and decorated it with Christmas lights and hung these all from the ceiling. We are reusing them now and so glad!


The needlework above was made by my Mom when my sister was a baby and reframed for Shiloh when she was born. The bottom piece I made for Shiloh when I was decorating her nursery. 

Next stop... our bedroom! :) Stay tuned!

Much love,

Brooke


10 comments:

  1. i love all of it!! esp the quilts on the bed and all of the vintage treasures. so cute, brooke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ark is amazing! What a treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the quilts! I have always wanted a nice big quilt, especially one I could pass down to my children.

    Their room looks great, I love the idea of using the penants in the window. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. great room! Very cozy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE it! I adore unfussy kids' rooms. And those quilts are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite part is the stars with the verses. SOOO cute and such a good reminder.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet, sweet room. I love all of the variety and color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks cute. I'd love to come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)