Thursday, January 12, 2012

friday web faves and a flashback

Hey y'all... as this moment I am sitting in our nice warm bed, with a nice fuzzy black cat named Jack, watching the Weather Channel (my all-time favorite channel, just ask my Dad - and their headquarters are right down the street from us....eeeee!) as this winter storm unfolds up north.

We've been packing this evening for a three-day getaway to Tennessee and North Carolina with my Mom's side of the family. We are pretty excited - spending two nights and two days in a cabin with the Collins clan in middle TN, with access to great hiking, caves, a fire pit, a hot tub and good food (which I'll be cooking some of). Then we decided to take a very short overnight trip over to see our friends in the mountains of Western NC in Waynesville for just one night (though we wish we could stay longer). We'll be home Monday night. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and share with all of you!

Here are a few things I've really enjoyed this week around the web:

I'm loving this series on NPR called Russia By Rail. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Been listening on the actual radio each morning when I take Dakota to school. You can view slideshows of photos here

A good representation of what I believe to be The Truth.

Ron Paul on his foreign policy being "kooky". (look for this at 4:00)

That is all I can come up with right now. Anything else would be contrived. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. In the meantime, here is a flashback to this time last year, when we were snowed in up at Camp Bethel with the Stiggins and the Bates...





















3 comments:

  1. your hair is so pretty! what an amazing color! and that cabin is the stuff of dreams- my future dream home seriously!!! you must be so excited to get out there!!! i wish i could come with you, a log cabin getaway sounds like the *perfect* thing right now. so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just found you through Laura's blog (Violet Bella). I finally am reading through her December Sponsors post. And I'm loving your blog, and will now be following too. : ]

    P.S.-I would post something pertaining to this specific post, but there are about 20 things I want to say about it! : ]

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)