We've had a fake tree for the last five years. I am not sure why we transitioned to one exactly, except I have always loved the tall skinny fake trees you can find and maybe thought I was buying one when I bought the one we've been using. Well, it wasn't one of those. Also, I guess it just seemed less fun and more of a chore to go and pick out a Christmas tree. I think we did it the first year we were married and it really didn't go well - I think we might have had a fight or something on the way there... anyway... many reasons. In reading this now I am not 100% sure where it all went wrong -- I always loved looking for a tree with my Dad when I was a kid. I have many wonderful Christmas memories preceding my own negative experiences. But I am working through it, people! Ah, well. Things are going well this year and I am enjoying everything so far. Dakota is even staying home instead of going to his Dad's!
With wanting to have more of a real Christmas time this year, and wanting to create memories with my kids, we decided to get a real tree this year. My mom and stepdad always do so we thought it might be fun to visit a tree farm and cut our own this year with them; perhaps start a new tradition. My mom found a place in Macedonia, Georgia that has unbelievably gorgeous views (the photos cannot do it justice) and had a great selection of trees. We took a good while picking ours out, looking at all the options. The Leyland Cypress were the main type of tree we could cut down and that's what we ended up with. I really like it! I wasn't sure I would having always had fir trees, but it has nice strong stems for hanging ornaments and draping beads and things.
The tree is up now and looks gorgeous. I will post some photos soon of the ornaments we made and the tree. I am kinda proud of it all.























No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)