Monday, May 21, 2012

well, hello there! (and things I am thankful for right now)


Well, hello there! Here I am, all dressed up and nowhere to go... :) actually I am just really tired of breaking out like a teenager and for godsakes I am nearly 33!! And I guess the fruit flies must think I am sweet because they are swarming around me like a trash can. I am just not sure what to make of that. But anyways.

Ya know, I tend to be a melancholy gal, and often my reflections here are subsequently a bit melancholy themselves. And that's okay, because this is my blog. And I can say what I want. But more than being relatable, I guess it might be good to inspire you, dear readers, to look on the bright side every once in awhile. I mean, I need a little encouragement to look on the bright side every once in awhile. Life is hard. But lately, it's been getting a little easier to digest on a daily basis. So for today, let me describe to you sweet ones those things for which I can say I am thankful for in this moment, with this face mask on trying to correct my pimply face, with a glass of wine filled with fruit flies, and stuff.

For a quiet morning... walking in after dropping Dakota off at school to nothing but silence... and that for a good thirty minutes.

For a husband who changed the laundry over for me tonight.

For a breathtaking, blonde headed, squishy boy, who although he is teething those 2 year molars, just exists, and is mine. I am thankful to have been able to get him out of bed and to be able to change his stinky diaper this morning. Since I've been working a few nights a week, every moment with my beautiful children seems ever the more precious.

For the kiddie pool my mother in law bought us yesterday... equaled a good couple of hours of fun for us this afternoon.

For Jason picking Dakota up from school so Noah could continue to nap.

For low humidity.

For the sound of the rain outside, and the classical music on my radio right now (and for NPR. i'd be lost without it).

For INCOME... for paychecks to deposit and money to buy my son the shoes, socks, and clothes he needed tonight at Target.

For the grace to continue said Target shopping trip after a couple of meltdowns.

For 50% off coupons at Park Avenue Thrift and the ladies who checked me out even after their registers were closed... for all the clothes I bought in ten minutes for $13.50, and now can return some of the stuff I paid full price for at Target (eeek!).

For our upcoming trip to the farmhouse we visited in January and a weekend in the mountains and rivers we'll get to swim in... so excited...

For new iPhones on Wednesday for both my husband and I! Thank God for good deals!

So there it is... now off to write a feature post for a precious blogger I am sponsoring this month... unless I pass out first, which I just might do... 

Love you all and thank you for your support!

Brooke


3 comments:

  1. what a great post about all these wonderful things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the mask and the stripy shirt you look an awful lot like a mime. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)