I also stumbled upon a photo album in the top drawer of a dresser in the "blue bedroom" which contained photographs of my parents' wedding in 1969 (divorced in '84) and pictures over the next two years (before either of them were 21) with my sister Lori, who was born almost exactly one year from the day they were married (my Mom wore a mini-dress... lol). I found a few really sweet pictures that I stole - one of my Dad a month before he turned 21, and two containing photos of my Dad's dad, Papaw, when they came to visit my Mom's family in Tennessee. I'll post those another time.
I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my sister as well. We laughed at the cat who met it's fate at her front bumper and dealt with the craziness of feeding fast food to 4 small children while trying to keep them all happy. As the years go by our differences seem to fade and close the gap between us that once made each other seem so far away. In so many ways I admire her, and realize that when it seems to me that we are growing closer it strangely makes me feel that I am getting to know who I am even more, and that I am finally comfortable in my own skin. That in my granola-ness I can accept myself loving having Land's End monogrammed bags and shopping at Royalty for my daughter... this is a beautiful thing! Cause Lori does it, and it's so cool.






No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)