Thursday, November 6, 2008

blogging shmlogging... so much for doing it daily

Howdy doody friends and neighbors.

So, the world has literally changed since I last posted, and this proves the importance of daily blogging I guess... I am just too busy between working and mothering and wifing and keeping the house from going down the toilet to stop and blog. Pfft.

Obama. Yep. He's our pres. Or president-elect as they call him these days. I was pretty heartbroken until I was swooned by his acceptance speech, during which I was holding back tears... as a passionate defender of racial equality throughout my days (the subject of my competitive speechwriting in middle school and I was President of the Diversity Council at work for some time)how I wish the guy had even an inkling of respect for the unborn life and cared to ensure that the sanctity of marriage is protected in our Constitution. Man, I would like to say that I voted for him, our first African-American president... But as the days go by and I get farther away from that milestone moment in Grant Park, I realize we have a major crisis on our hands concerning the rights of the unborn unless we pray REALLY hard. I could dwell on this subject for awhile but I won't...

Two things you should look at:
10 Ways to Pray for Barack Obama:
www.fireinmybones.com
after looking at this:
http://www.randyalcorn.blogspot.com
his "It’s Over; but It’s not Over (one Day it will be)" blog. Thanks to Tammy Hutchins for sharing...

All this is so overwhelming. I don't know where to start, except for the little prayers under my breath to God to help this nation.

In other news...

Now it's time to share with the rest of the world the wonderful idea I have happened upon and now benefitted from... it's Farmer's Market Barkets!
http://farmersmarketbaskets.com

This mother of seven has this little business where she goes to the farmer's market each week, picks up a load and distributes it into baskets. For a meager fee ($15) you get a ginormous amount of fruits and veggies! Today I got a head of romaine, carrots, 5-6 apples, 5 oranges, two "heads" of scallions, broccoli, cantaloupe, 7-8 bananas, a big huge vidalia onion, a bag of grapes... I got hooked up!! If anyone is interested in doing it, she has to do it out of her garage for now because she has a newborn at the moment.

Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brooke~ Found you today through DD2's blog (Our World as we see it). I appreciate so much the '10 Ways to Pray for Obama' sites that you've listed here. I'm going to check them out in a minute. But, I know exactly how you feel - not my choice...big moment in our history...but, oh-my-goodness-what-have-we-gotten-ourselves-into...I did a post "Forward We Go" on these same themes. Thanks again for the sites. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)