Friday, April 27, 2012

i love north carolina

Jason and I - as you may recall - had been car shopping for a Subaru wagon - preferably an Outback. To put it simply, there really weren't any decent ones in our price range here in Georgia, though every time we looked for one out in Asheville, well, frankly there were tons. We came across a couple of them that were basically exactly what we were looking for, and once we found that we could stay with our friends in Waynesville for the night, we decided to make the last minute trip. Can't say it was any sweat off my brow though... didn't have to top off the 4Runner that much in gas, we'd be seeing our sweet friends, and being in the mountains. And the potential was high that we'd end up making money after selling the Suburban. What could be better?

And I am happy to report that 1) we did buy a sweet Subi Outback for a good bit under blue book, 2) we got to spend some great time with our friends, and 3) well, it was all good. 

I just edited this post to take out the slideshow. I tend to blow up my own blog with photo bombs. But I can't seem to make it work right. So here's yet another photo bomb. Hope you enjoy the photos :)

PS: we didn't make it to Homegrown as suggested but DID make a trip to Amazing Savings and discovered Downtown Market where I fell madly in love with so many lovely things there... I can't wait to go back and really SHOP! I got probably $75-$80 worth of food at Amazing Savings for $30!!


 











free range, happy hens and Otis the rooster














view from the Bates' place

kids at kids night out and wine + fresh fish from the Bates' recent fishing trip to FL

view from the Bates' deck!!!!!!!!!!

Kalon, Jason and Richard











a wonderful salad, fresh fish and tabouli salad with friends.




so quiet here.


chickens, pot belly pigs, Sout and Honey Bear watching over (their Great Pyrenees), and a few kitty cats - oh yeah and sheep!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)