Friday, February 24, 2012

mama eats # 6: your grocery list for mama eats meals

Hey there my friends. I hope you've enjoyed this "Mama Eats" series and I hope you guys have tried some of these easy and quick recipes... I'd love to hear back from you if you have and what you thought about them!
quesadilla with avocado and cilantro

caprese grilled cheese

moroccan style chickpeas with couscous
For this week instead of trying to come up with another recipe, I thought I would put together a shopping list of all the ingredients you'll need to make these recipes so that you'll have what you need on hand for a couple of weeks to make any one of these meals! Obviously when you buy these items, you'll have more than enough for just one serving, so you will be able to repeat these recipes whenever you need or want!

I've also included the approximate cost of each item (from www.pricible.com) - and these are for non-organic items so you can budget accordingly. You can also right-click and download this list to print out and take with you!



Total anticipated cost: $79.25 - this is just for the ingredients to make each meal, however, by purchasing these ingredients, you'll have enough to make each meal at least twice! :) Most likely multiple times.

Tell me - have you tried any of these recipes? If you have, did you like them? Did you tweak them at all? I would love your feedback and comments on the series!

Also, are you a mama with a great recipe that takes 5-10 minutes to prepare - something you make for yourself when you've got a minute to eat? I'd love to hear about it! The only criteria I have for this series is that it's something more than just a sandwich... :) What are your mama eats? I'd love to consider you for a guest post! :)

Thanks everyone!

Brooke

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, love that you've made a shopping list as I'd love to make all of those meals, I already have the Caprese Grilled Cheese bookmarked and can't wait to try it!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to have found your blog! You've got a new follower! :) Recipes look great too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)