Sunday, October 9, 2011

birthday recap, etc

Hey there. Well, it happened. I aged. And now it's time for me to share about my day, since I know you all want to know. Ha! :)

So, Saturday morning I woke up to the alarm also known as my babies - we don't go to bed co-sleeping, but we do wake up that way... Both Noah and Shiloh end up in bed with us at some point in the night... sweet little things. Anyway, I went downstairs with my babies and voila, there's a dozen beautiful roses and a box of KRISPY KREME donuts waiting for me, along with a sweet card GIVING ME PERMISSION TO GO OUT ON MY OWN ALLLLL DAY!! I'd already hit up my Mom to see if she wanted to take me to breakfast, and though I originally wanted to go with the fam, the idea of a quiet breakfast with my Mom without having to lug the kids and all their crap and try to get out the door on time... man, it just sounded so nice. So, when I received this card form my husband, I decided that was my birthday gift to myself and to him... to let him stay home, take care of the children, clean, cook and do laundry all day and ... AND to hit up the grocery store to do a couple WIC transactions himself (for the first time), while I eat and shop and enjoy the beautiful day. :) So I did.


I had a wonderful breakfast with my Mom at J. Christopher's in downtown Woodstock. We had great conversation and time together.




Then I spent the afternoon shopping. Shopping with no money, but I made it feel like shopping. I had a Target gift card to spend, a pair of shoes to return to REI (and subsequently money to spend), and a little cash to throw down at my favorite thrift stores around town. I hit my favorite little one in downtown Woodstock (I think I've already picked it clean of the good stuff, I may just have to wait for them to build up their supply a little more) where I got a vintage blouse for my shop and a pair of jeans for Shiloh. Then I hit Goodwill (expensive thrifting, but good selection) where I got a Free People top, a corduroy blazer and a leather jacket for my Etsy shop. Then I went to Target to return a sweatshirt I bought with my gift card, but couldn't decide what I wanted to buy, so I left and went to REI... they were having a crazy sale, so I returned some shoes and got a pair of Dansko brown leather clogs I'd been wanting for-EVER... they were on clearance and because I am a member I got another 30% off - made a $120 pair of clogs $60! So excited!! And I was able to substantiate my purchases at Goodwill, since I got money back from REI to cover it. :)

Then last night we had a nice little party at my Dad's. Lots of family and a few good friends came. The kids especially had a great time. We just hung out in my parents' backyard, had a bonfire going, ate lots of good food, and incredibly delicious cupcakes that my friend Glennis made (S'mores flavor... ate two already TODAY). The kids played games, did crafts, bobbed for apples and roasted marshmallows. It was a really nice end to a great day and I'm so thankful to my parents for putting it on at such short notice. Here are a few pics from the evening.
Jason getting down... 


my Dad and bro-in-law talking about the Tech game....

my beautiful son!


Mamaw and Noah Bear



this is after fifty tries. 




Shiloh and Emily. 

Happy birthday to me.



my son Dakota... :)

Papaw let Noah just dig right on in to the cupcake!! Poor guy, he was so tired and it was dark! Getting flash in the eyes...

I licked off a bunch of the icing... 
:)

I had a really nice day, and will remember it fondly.

Next week is Noah's birthday party and the weekend after that is Dakota's!! Their birthdays are a day apart - Noah's is October 19th and Dakota's is the 20th! Oh the dilemma I shall forever face. :)

Love Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Dakota looks just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does when you look at that pic of him! He looks a lot like his Dad (Jason is not his dad) but with my coloring, I think. But I can see it in this picture! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)