Tuesday, August 7, 2012

real life.

Hello friends.

waking up with bed head.
I decided to write a blog post. And just to be sure I am not representing any sort of reality that makes you feel like your life is less interesting than mine, I submit to you... 

...the last ten days, and some of the things that have therein transpired:

1. (The good news) My son came home from spending two - YES, TWO MONTHS with his Dad. Came home a little taller and wider. He is wearing a men's size 9 shoe. I am sorry, but I just don't think I can handle much more of him growing. I feel an indescribable peace at having all the birdies back in the nest. There is a part of me that is never fully settled when he's gone. 
2. I have worked NINE of the last ten days. Correct. Since Friday the 27th, I worked everyday except Monday. That's from 3pm to 10 or 11 (or later). I've missed my babies so much. I've missed my husband. But I've developed a strategy to not having to see Noah crying as I walk out the door: putting him down for a nap later so that he's sleeping when I have to leave. Saturday night though, my friend Hannah (she helps me out on busy Saturdays) surprised me and bought me the unbelievable, beyond amazing fried chicken from the restaurant for dinner... I ate the whole half a chicken to the bone in the car on the way home. In silence. It was ridiculous. A highlight of my week.
3. I have done no laundry. Imagine the piles. Actually, I have washed the same three loads about three times each. That is from leaving them in the washer for days on end and forgetting about them. Well, Jason folded a couple loads of the laundry that accumulated in my absence. It's a very sad situation. 
4. We have shop-vacuumed the entire house for the second time to try to control the flea problem we have in our house. Yes. Fleas. Welcome to my life.
5. I have had two or three showers. Do the math. 
6. I have woken up at 8:30, stayed in my pajamas until about 11 or so (and so have my kids), spent way too much time on my iPhone, they've spent way too much time in front of the TV, and I've basically been a zombie on the couch until I am forced to get dressed to go to work.  
7. Got in a fight with a new friend about her vintage shop and my vintage shop. It eventually resolved itself but it caused me to do a lot of self reflection and examination about things... I never get in fights with people. 
8. I have purged the kitchen and Dakota's clothes. All purged items are in a disorganized pile in front of the closet door at the bottom of the steps leading up from the garage, in front of the very closet that has all my vintage stuff in it... which I need to get to right about, oh, three days ago.
9. I shaved my legs.
10. My husband has fed my children macaroni and cheese and spaghetti six out of the last ten days for dinner. At my direction. 
11. My children have had two (maybe three?) baths. More if you count how many times they've been to the pool. 
12. I have been outside for as many times as I have walked to and from my car going to work, going to the store once or twice, and taking people down to the patio to sit (at the restaurant). Which is probably why I am feeling so stir crazy. 

This is my real life.
The end.

4 comments:

  1. why does your hair grow so much faster than mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh, sounds like a rough ten days! I hope you get many days to rest and recover and spend time with your lovely family!
    its been so long since i've seen your blog on a regular, non-phone sized screen- it looks so beautiful!
    hope your doing well lady :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)