We dropped the kids off at Grandma's - exchanged gift cards in the truck (I got vintage Saucony runners barely worn, the film "Patton" and a hoodie, and some roses), and I gave Jason chocolate and some luuuuurv coupons (wink wink) - which he said is the best present he has ever received (imagine that).
Then instead of trying to find a bar that we could get a drink at ($$$) and then walk to where we were going to eat, we decided to take the much less expensive albeit somewhat "ghetto" route, and hit the liquor store for a fifth of rum, then we went thru the Chick-fil-a drive thru for a Coke and a water, and then we parked in the R. Thomas parking lot, sat on the tailgate, and drank rum and cokes out of our Chick-fil-a cups with lids and straws, aka "ghetto" cups :). I am sorry if this is not PC but, well, it is what it is. In fact, the security guard approached us twice... the first time to ask if we were loitering and two to tell us that we had to pay to park there after a 1.5 hour grace period (we later solved that problem by jumping the curb between the pay lot and the no-pay lot... like I said...)
We then proceeded to my favorite restaurant of all time, R. Thomas. It is natural, earthy, organicky, Body Ecology goodness heaven. Their food is awesome. It's been a fave for many years and is open 24 hours too.
We drank coffee and mate, ate R's chips, and I had the Sloppy Veggie Joe while Jason ate the Big Breakfast.
We had a wonderful time, especially just having time to talk and hang out. I love my man.
Sorry the pictures are crappy.
It was a good Valentine's Day. :)
i'm obsessed with your playlist on your blog. in fact, i have now listened to 5 songs and i'm like YES. keep em coming!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI sort of love it too - I just go to my own blog and keep it up to listen to all my faves :)
DeleteSo let's dig in... as our new neighbours did. Dave and Paula moved next door .
ReplyDeletetomato seeds