A few updates since last week:
- Jason had a job interview yesterday... it wasn't really a classic job interview... it was more of an initial vetting for him to become an insurance agent with American Family Insurance. We are looking at this as a possible career path for him and so we've decided to push on the door. He wouldn't begin training until March if he is selected to begin the process. We still need immediate employment... That is something Jason is still seeking out both with American Family and possibly a side job.
- God has been providing for us. Over the weekend we were blessed with some money to buy groceries. We were able to donate to our church's food pantry many unused jars of baby food and cereal and bring home many other items that we needed. Between WIC, donations and food pantries we are doing okay on groceries. I also have a meal plan put together for the next couple of weeks and I have been able to calculate the cost of all the ingredients that we can afford. I will share this list with you all and the recipes I will make from it. Maybe it will help you all too when you find yourselves in a bind!
- Over the next couple days I will be working on a groom's cake for Apron Strings Cakery and earning some money for it. This hopefully will be a lasting relationship where I can help her grow her business and earn some money on the side. Since I am currently not "doing cakes" (I used to have my own business) it helps to keep my skills up and be able to help my family at the same time. I will post some pictures of the cake as I am working on it and the end result!
- To top it all off, sweet Noah's 1st birthday party is coming up this Sunday! (his birthday is the 19th). I haven't really had the money or time to work on his party but I plan to make him a sweet little cake, along with maybe a couple other desserts, make some pretty banners and paper decorations but overall, keep it simple. I don't have any other option than that! I'm excited, but not too excited... my baby is getting TOO big! :( I'll share his birth story with you all on his birthday along with some great pictures of his birth. :)
- Dakota's birthday is the 20th (yes, Noah and Dakota are almost ten years apart to the DAY), and my Mom and I are planning a fun Halloween/birthday party for him at her house. October is SUCH a busy month!
- I've been shopping a lot lately looking for new inventory for my shop. I plan to issue a promo code sometime in the next week so stay tuned! Here are a few sneak peaks at some of the items I've picked up. Forgive the profuse number (and not so great) of pics of me, I am the only model I have!
The candle holders are so neat!
ReplyDeleteI hope something comes out of the interview and your 'cake doing'! <3
That blue dress is super cute. Once I have lost some more of this beloved baby weight...I would LOVE to buy something like that!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you all!