
Everything looks so pretty and full right now, I just love standing there and looking at the leaves of everything.


Secondly, this is my last week home on maternity leave. I think I am in denial because it just hurts too bad to think about "going back to work". I went through some time last week somewhat grieving the fact that I must now abandon my housewifey ways and embrace the working mom mentality again. Still, I am overwhelmed with gratefulness for the fact that 1) I have a job and 2) that job allows me to work from home and 3) my boss is very understanding of the fact that I must take time to take care of my sweet baby girl from time to time. I guess I am afraid that I won't be able to give her the absolute best that I could if I wasn't working. But the fact remains... I work from home! It will be all right... I am going to have to plan my daily "chores" and meals though so I don't get overwhelmed.
Jason and I spent time yesterday rearranging the house to better accommodate our new love of sitting in front of the fire at night listening to NPR. Change is a beautiful thing. I have tried this arrangement so many times but it never seemed to work out with the space and furniture we have but now it just seems perfect. Everything in due time seems to apply to this as well - we just didn't know how bad we needed this time together to mellow out and talk. Since we got rid of the TV we have watched movies on the laptop a lot but haven't actually had a lot of media free nights together consuming the time we used to just plop in front of the TV and watch PBS. Man, it is so sweet. :)
Hmmm... I think I am just posting to post today, but at any rate this is life and life happening, and the goodness of it. There is so much in the details...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read your responses and feedback! ;o)